The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TIOT58 - Buttons Everywhere!

Happy Tuesday stampin' friends!! Today we have another fantastic Try It Out Tuesday challenge from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design to jump start your creativity! This week's challenge {TIOT58} is to create a project using BUTTONS! Lots of buttons, buttons used in creative ways, it's allllll about buttons over here today! Good one - you know I've never met an embellishment I didn' like, and buttons are SO big right now!

Here is my card:

I have chosen another of the BEAUTIFUL newly released images from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design - from the amazing collection of EXCLUSIVE images, Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Sampler Edition 3 -- meet New Friends! She is just absolutely darling. I love the bird and her sweet little pose. Perfect!

I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with her today, so I went looking for a color challenge. This one fit right in with my spring frame of mind - those girls over at the Copic Colour Challenge blog have some great ideas! This is challenge #54 - here's the swatch for reference:
Today's card details - I stamped my sweetie with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Accents and highlighting with the Ranger Inkssentials White Gel Pen. I cut her out with Nestabilities Labels 3, added some background stippling, and sponged my edges. For all your Nestabilities needs, Susana has all the first release 2010 nesties IN STOCK so head over, I have not seen them *anywhere* else yet! Then I paired her up with some new American Crafts patterned paper, perfect for spring and my little bird's song!

Of course I didn't make that perfect bow on my own. Check out the Bow Easy - perfect bows every time! And to learn how to use it, just watch the video tutorial that Suzanne made. It's...EASY!! My yellow button on top of the bow comes from the "Butternut" Color Me button collection from Dress It Up. I bought EVERY ONE of the color packs of these from Susana, they are amazingly handy for little extra touches here and there and right now they are on sale!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're inspired by all the beautiful DT creations, we'd love to see your button-ful creations. Before you go on with your day, BE SURE to stop over at the SCACD store blog today and enter to win THE MOST YUMMIEST blog candy around! Yep, she's at it again, we have another new release coming up THIS FRIDAY and Susana's giving away another amazing prize package to celebrate. Don't miss out!

I will see you all tomorrow - happy stamping & big hugs to all my readers!

4 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!!!! You have done an incredibly amazing!!! Love the colors and the image is so adorable!!!

Aud said...

Wonderful card! Love the papers and colors!♥

Hugs,
Aud

Heather said...

Great job! Love how you colored her!

Danni said...

Beautiful card!! Love the music paper for the background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...