The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Victoria Case for SCACD Release Day is HERE!

TODAY is THE day!!! It's the release for the second installment of the Victoria Case for SCACD Hearts & Hugs Collection! They are available now so check it out!! This image is called Game Players. Victoria's critters are always adorable!

For today's card I used this week's sketch challenge over on Taylored Expressions (TESC78). A perfect match for the size and orientation of this image. Plus I love the little extra layer in the corner because I KNEW I had to have some kind of "game" embellishment on this and that was just the spot. I have a really cool looking poker chip or two SOMEWHERE but I couldn't find them when I was making this. I did find these mini playing cards though, and I think they worked out even better!

I started off by stamping the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. Did some highlighting with the Ranger white gel pen when all the coloring was done. The paper colors are So Saffron, Real Red and Basic Black. Put on some ribbon and of course the pièce de résistance; the cards. I didn't put a ton of embellishments on here because I think that the image really stands well on its own - it doesn't need much to dress it up! I did add glitter to the butterfly's wings - everything's better with glitter. :)

Be sure to visit all of the DT blogs to see what they have created for today's big release!! Then head over to the Susana's Custom Art and Card Design store and pick up your favorites from this new batch of cuteness!

Suzanne Dean
Anki Bargman
Jennifer Greco (that's me!)
Teri Berrios
Susan Dube
Lorelie Kim
Aud Nordheim
Maria Matter
Jami Bova
Carolyn Bounds
Dianne Prewitt
Danni Bindel

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

11 people made my day!:

Maria Matter said...

This is wonderful Jennifer! What a great color combo and papers for this sweet image! The ribbons, border and cards are the perfect accents! Excellent!
blessings, Maria

Anki said...

Wonderful Jen + love the cards. I think I will take some of those that Isac got from KLM during our trip to Chicago. He just got those tiny, tiny cards and now you gave me a great idea of where to use them...hihi.....Kramis - Anki

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the playing card detail!

Lisa Foster said...

How Cute! Love those little cards...perfect embellis! Great card, Jennifer!

Aud said...

Fabulous card!♥ Perfect detail with those cards! =0)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Aud

Heather said...

Those cards are the perfect addition. Great job! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Jennifer--love the cheery colors & fab layout. Those lil' playing cards are adorable!

hugz,
Suzanne

Dianne said...

Jennifer, I love the little playing cards. The papers and your embellishments really made this card perfect.

stampingtink said...

Oh, love the cards! Leaves a lot of possibilities! I just love how you colored this and the dies are perfect for her! And your right, gotta have a little bit of glitter! Just adore her!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

OMG this is the cutest EVER!!! Love the way you incorporated the cards on there!! Hugs, T

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, those little playing cards are adorable! Fabulous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...