The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

TECC76 - Danni's Butterflies

Welcome to the weekend! What better way to spend this rainy Saturday morning than stamping and blurfing?? No better way! :)

Today I would like you to meet Danni. She is an exclusive stamp for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, designed by Elisabeth Bell - one of seven stamps released at SCACD in July. Isn't she sweet? I love how she's blowing the flower petals while the butterflies flutter all around her. Such a fun image to create with!

For today's card I used the new sketch over at Taylored Expressions. Taylor always has really great sketches, she's one of my first stops when I'm looking for a sketch challenge to play in! This is TECC76.

I started with some Basic Grey Two Scoops and pulled color palette from the paper. Stamped Danni in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. Did some highlighting with the Ranger white gel pen when all the coloring was done - best white gel pen around!! I rarely have problems with mine and if there is an ink flow problem {as does happen with this type of ink}, I have always found it to be easily fixed. Cut and matted the sky section using Classic Circle Nestabilities {it is hard to see, but the circle is white cardstock that I created a cloud background onto}.

When everything was cut out and ready to go {i.e. minimal handling of my image left}, I added some Art Institute Ultrafine Transparent Glitter in Water Color to her wings, and Angel Dust to the D'Vine Swirl Cuttlebugged background piece. I use a Quickie Glue Pen for all my glitter work, it's hands-down my favorite tool for adding powders. It has a nice, fine point, good flow, and it dries quickly so you are all set with your glittery project right away!

Don't forget, when you upload your SCACD creations to SCS and PCP, be sure to use the keyword SCACD. That way we can find them easily and leave you lots of love! Thanks for stopping by today, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Supplies, etc.: Stamps - Danni from Elisabeth Bell for SCACD. Paper - Basic Grey Two Scoops, Cardstock from SU in Groovy Guava, Bermuda Breeze and So Saffron. Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky. Other - Ribbon from American Crafts, dimensionals, Copic markers, Paper snips, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, D'Vine Swirl embossing folder, White Gel Pen from Ranger, Quickie Glue Pen, Angel Dust and Water Color Art Glitter, cloud template, sponge.

8 people made my day!:

Brandi said...

What a wonderful card! I love the cool layering effects you have with the circle and the rectangles. The yellow Cuttlebug layer is gorgeous!

Smiles,

Brandi

Mae said...

How pretty! I love how you cut her out & had your sky background. A sketch I will be trying out if you don't mind.

Danni said...

Ohhhhh!!!! I love this! Simply love it!! Awesome job!

Mary Dawn said...

beautiful, i love it!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful Jennifer!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is some serious gorgeous-ness. Is that a word, LOL!? WOW. This is really stunning, Jen! Hows it going? Ding me if you're online today-I'll be on and off :) Miss you!

Maria Matter said...

Jen, this is gorgeous!
Danni looks wonderful atop all those lovely background elements!
Blessings, Maria

Gwen said...

This is really Beauifull!! love all the DP together! Great job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...