The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Metal Tag Pumpkin - CBC35

Wednesday again! Sorry I'm late, we had a hectic morning. Time for the Belli Challenge. If you're not familiar with the challenge, belli is short for embellishment - each week our challenge founder, Chris, chooses an embellishment for us to showcase. This week it is Metal Edge Tags. Feel free to play along, and remember, if you upload to SCS, use the keyword "CBC35".

This card uses another of my NEW fall stamps from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. Nicole is AMAZING - I love this pumpkin! Here is the full sheet if you're interested in checking it out - Fall & Winter 2008 Half Sheet.

{ETA - I reshot the picture, it is *much* better!!} The colors are Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie and black Sugar-Coated cardstock from Doodlebug. I stamped the image on the paper with Palette Noir, then onto the brass metal edge tag with black StazOn. I colored in the pumpkin with Koh-i-nor pencils and gamsol, and cut it out, then put it back over the StazOn layer. Lots of dimensionals here! I cut out and popped up the pumkin, then the tag, then the whole layer. I love dimensionals ~ can you tell? I added some green accents to the tag with a Copic marker. White satin and A*Muse organdy ribbon layered together to finish it off!

Check out the blogs of the other Belli Challenge Girls this week for more great metal tag ideas! Rochelle, Holly, Shelly, Chris, Christi, and Ceal!

17 people made my day!:

Chrissy D said...

Jennifer! Have no fear I was late too! This is a beautiful card! Love the colors, lay out and use of your Tag! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Rochelle W said...

Awesome! At first when I was looking at the picture I was wondering where you got the see through metal tags. Then my brain kicked in and realized that you stamped on the tag. LOL It looks real cool like that. I like how you cut the pumpkin out and added it with the dimensionals. I love the texture it provides. Looks awesome.

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is gorgeous!!!! Great job!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!! I just bought a pumpkin stamp and now I'm just itching to ink it up! :)

Shirley said...

What a really wonderful, pretty, and creative way to use a tag. Love your card!

jo said...

stunning card love the image,huggs jo x

Rika said...

What a wonderful card, love the pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome card!!! Love the pumpkin...you did an incredible job on it!! Love the metal edge tag...it adds so much to the overall look!

Dawn said...

so pretty Jen... you are so talented!

Debby said...

Beautiful job, I love this technique and haven't done it in a long time. Thanks for the reminder of it.
Angel hugs
Debby

Ceal said...

I love this you did a wonderful job!

Karen said...

what a beautiful card - love how you stamped the pumpkin (double)!! very nice!!

Lorie said...

Oh gosh! This is just beautiful!

Susan Hackney said...

Great card! Love how you stamped the tag.

Libby Hickson said...

WOW - great card! Love how the image is coming out of the tag!

Kari said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the pumpkin!!!

Jennifer Love said...

NEATO! I'd totally mess that up if I tried it. heh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...