The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Monday, January 28, 2008

We Are Remarkably Scheduled!


My DS #1 is a very busy boy! He has pre-school to go to, he is learning to swim -- we have places to go and friends to see practically every day if you can believe that. For a person who is only 3 years old, he has quite the busy week. heehee!!

We have been working with him on the days of the week. He always wants to know what is going on and what comes next. So I made up this cute little weekly schedule for him. We take it down and show him what day it is and what we have planned. Some days there are no plans and that's ok too!! We have plenty of things to play with here, or we can have an impromptu playdate with some of the neighborhood friends. This way, he starts to learn the days of the week, which standing appointments he has, etc. What do you think?

You can see from the second picture here, this was originally one of those thin metal magnetic picture frames from the Target $1 Spot. It's 5" x 7" - a great size. I love these things. In fact, I think we all know how much I love the Target $1 Spot in general -- it has officially been renamed the Target $25 Spot in my household. I picked these up awhile back, they had both portrait and landscape orientations. For the calendar, I used a cool weekly calendar template that Jessica Lynn sent me, along with this new Spring Set to design with for her upcoming release. This set and 9 others are officially being released on February 1st - that's this Friday!!! Jessica Lynn is having a pre-release party on Thursday, January 31st - check out the website for details & sign up for the preferred customer newsletter!

Back to the project -- LUCKILY, I have a huge stash of patterned paper and I was able to find this boy-themed page from Carolee's Creations among my individual sheets. I found the section I wanted to use - notice how the "boyish" shows in the upper right? That was deliberate! *grin*. I then cut the page down to 5" x 7" and used my large corner rounder from EK Success (the green one) to round off the corners to match up to the existing picture frame. I adhered it to the metal with a little bit of sticky strip. Once that was done I modified the calendar template using Adobe Photoshop Elements in order to make it work for this size (the original is 8.5" x 11") and printed it on white cardstock. I cut it down and decorated the calendar part using my Jessica Lynn Original stamps. I found a coordinating sheet of bandana patterned paper from K&Company and cut out some of the elements and mounted them onto magnets using sticky strip. I used these magnets to hold the actual weekly schedule onto the magnetic frame since things do change throughout the month and I want to be able to easily change the week's activities without ruining the work I did on the frame.

That's it! We used this schedule this morning since it was his first day at his new pre-school! He did great! :)

Complete supply list: Stamps - JessicaLynnOriginal spring release. Cardstock - GP 110, Carolee's Creations and K&Company designer paper. Ink - Stampin' Up! Classic Ink in Bravo Burgundy. Palette Ink in Haystack. Accessories - sticky strip, EK Success corner rounder punch, Bravo Burgundy marker, brown glitter gel pen.

1 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

This is just too cute! Love your idea! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...